We feel lucky to have survived Hurricane Sandy unscathed. The worst damage we had was to my finger. During the storm while peeling an apple I sliced off the top of my finger. I feel quite lucky that this was the only damage we had.
My kids love sweets. What kid does not? They really love a small treat after dinner so today I made a healthy cookie. No added sugar. No junk. A sweet treat that tastes great and satisfies the sweet tooth while being quite healthy at the same time.
Here are your ingredients. Feel free to experiment!
You can make these cookies gluten free and they are naturally vegan as well.
- 1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats. Bob’s Red Mill makes awesome oats!
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 large banana or 2 small bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. If your bananas are not very soft, you should mash those up really well first, then add the applesauce, and finally the rest of your ingredients.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies.
- Eat with a nice glass of milk or almond coconut milk.