The second recipe I demonstrated was
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 oz cremini or other wild mushrooms
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 T whole wheat flour
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup almond milk(unsweetened)
- thyme, 2 pinches
- 16 oz cooked whole wheat pasta
- This recipe is really easy, vegan, and has no oil, cream, or butter, but still tastes rich and creamy!
- Cook onion in non-stick skillet on high heat for 3 minutes. Keep moving them around. Add all the mushrooms and garlic. Keep stirring as the veggies get brown and release juices. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms. Stir continuously with spoon until the flour is dissolved. Add in balsamic vinegar, and almond milk, sauce will thicken. Add in thyme to taste. Add in your cooked noodles and eat immediately. Sprinkle on some nutritional yeast for a "cheezy" taste.
We also made 2 desserts.
1 pkg extra firm silken tofu
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 pkg frozen strawberries, 8 oz
zest from one orange
Blend all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or vitamix. Chill for one hour. Enjoy with some granola or by itself.
Oil Free Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 T chia seeds, mixed with 6 T water, stir together and let sit in fridge for 15 min.
1/2 cup oats, whole or quick
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 T crushed walnuts
Preheat oven to 350. Use a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Mix peanut butter and brown sugar together. Stir in your 2 chia eggs. Add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and oats. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Scoop out cookies with a 2T measure. Press cookies down with the back of a spoon. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Enjoy with a nice cold glass of almond coconut milk. Or, if you do not want to bake the cookies. This makes an incredibly delicious raw cookie dough, with the bonus that it is safe to eat! We have been munching on the raw dough all day, it is amazing!
Chia Egg Tip: Anytime you see a recipe that includes eggs, you can veganize it by making a chia or flax egg. Use 1T of either chia seeds or ground flaxseeds. Add in 3 T of water. Stir it up. Let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes and you will be amazed at how egg like it becomes!