Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Just because I have not posted any recipes in a few weeks does not mean that I have not been cooking. It means that I have not had time to take any pictures or post recipes. School is winding down, life is crazy, but I am still cooking healthy.
Today’s recipe was created by me because I am a snacker. I love to have healthy snacks that I can quickly grab as I am on my way out. These muffins are packed with powerful protein, are vegan, and are amazingly delicious!!
Use the ingredients you have on hand.
Make your quinoa in advance. I use my rice cooker. Put 1 and 1/2 cups dry quinoa and 2 cups of water in your rice cooker. Cook it on the white rice setting and then use it as needed.
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 and 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup small nuts and seeds ( I used sunflower seeds, crushed walnuts, and cashews)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit and chips ( I used vegan chocolate chips, golden raisins, and dry apricots)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used 3 kinds to make a 1/2 cup, sunflower, better n PB and regular PB)
- 2 flax eggs (Mix 2 T flaxseeds with 6T water, let sit for about 15 minutes, till egg-like)
- 1/2 cup almond coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Get two bowls.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl (quinoa, nuts and seeds, fruits and chips)
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Then add both the dry and wet together.
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin receptacle. I love my reusable silicone muffin papers.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy with some fresh strawberries!