This winter has been a doozy! Snow, ice, snow and more snow! It has been a winter wonderland. I am not sure who likes the snow more, the kids or Molly, our dog! She can pull them through the snow on the sled. It is so funny.
We have spent a lot of time playing in the snow this week. But you know what happens after playing in the snow? You are very hungry!
Diane is perfecting her pizza technique on our new pizza maker.
The pizzas on the Breville pizza maker are still coming out incredible.
To satisfy the munchies today I made some quinoa chocolate chip cookies that the kids said were delicious. Thank goodness most of them do not read this blog or they might not have even tried them. I hope you know how to make quinoa with no effort in your rice cooker. This is what my cooked quinoa looks like.
They are really good, and quite healthy. Ours are almost all gone. And with more snow coming, I better start another batch!
- 1 and 1/2 cups sprouted grain whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2T coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup egg beaters or vegan egg substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup cooled cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, salt,baking powder and soda) in one small bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients (applesauce, oil, sugar, maple syrup, egg, and extracts) in another bowl.
- Slowly combine wet and dry together. Stir gently to combine, then stir in quinoa, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 13 minutes, until slightly brown on the edges. Enjoy with a glass of your favorite milk.