I love zucchinis. I could eat them everyday and be a very happy person. My favorite way to eat them is so simple. Peel, cut into coins, then saute them in a tiny bit of EVOO with some Chickpea Flour sprinkled on top as well as some salt. YUM. So easy and so delicious.
Since we have an abundance of zucchini this week, we branched out from our usual snack and made muffins and fritters. They both are amazing. The muffins are vegan and the fritters are not, but could easily be made vegan with an egg substitute.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
1 and 1.5 cups sprouted wheat flour ( or your favorite flour)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup coconut oil (or your favorite oil)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup grated zucchini
Preheat oven to 350. Peel and shred your zucchini. Squeeze out excess water. Put zucchini in a small bowl. Mix in applesauce, sugar, vanilla, vinegar and oil.
In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Combine wet and dry ingredients, combine until just mixed. Fold in chocolate chips, and some nuts would also be delicious.
We made 11 muffins from this batter. Bake 19 minutes.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups of shredded zucchini, can be a little more or less too
- 1 onion shredded
- 1 egg
- 1-2 egg whites
- 1/2-3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Oil to saute them in
- Peel and shred your zucchini. I used 3 medium ones. You can use more or less if you have it. If you use your food processor, this just takes a few minutes. Pop the onion in and shred that too. Try to squeeze out and get rid of as much water as you can.
- Place zucchini and shredded onion in a large bowl. Stir in the egg, egg whites, wheat germ and spices. Keep stirring. Add in parmesan cheese. You want to try to get the mixture to stay together when you form it into the patty. If you need to, you can add more egg white or wheat germ to form the patty easier.
- Make sure your Oil is very hot in the pan. Fry a small patty and brown it on each side. Eat it as soon as it is ready. Delicious, healthy and easy!