Vegan brownies are a staple in our house. We are constantly experimenting with various ingredients to try and create a fudgy vegan brownie that tastes delicious. This recipe is unique in that it contains two ingredients that might surprise you. The first ingredient is aquafaba, also known as the liquid found in a can of chickpeas that you typically pour down the drain. The second secret ingredient to creating fudgy vegan brownies, is one very ripe avocado.
If you have a free minute, please vote for our recipe! We are in a contest from Avocados from Mexico and we can use your vote. Vote once a day between today and April 30th for our recipe. Vote here and then choose the video that says VEGAN BROWNIES in light blue. Thank you so much!
This recipe makes one small pan, of fudgy vegan brownies. We use a glass 11×7 inch pan, but you could definitely use a square 8×8 or 9×9 as well. This recipe makes a perfect amount of treats to enjoy with your family. These brownies can be made gluten free if you substitute the flour with a gluten free baking mix. We tried the gluten free option, and it came out perfectly! I hope you will give this recipe a try and leave me a comment and tell me how you liked them!
Fudgy Vegan Brownies
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 2 TB coconut oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- optional: chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the avocado, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, and aquafaba in your food processor until just mixed.
- Next, add to the food processor the cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- Now that all your ingredients are in the food processor bowl, pulse until well combined.
- Put your batter into an 11x7 inch pan.
- It is optional to put some chocolate chips on top of your batter before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cool. Enjoy!
If you are a visual person, please watch the mini blogger showing you exactly how to make this recipe: