Gnocchi stew is a new recipe for our family. The Italian side of the family loves to make homemade gnocchi. The busy Mom side of our family likes convenient foods that do not take too long. Combine the two sides and we came up with gnocchi stew using Caeser’s Kitchen new frozen gnocchi!
Caeser’s Kitchen is a New Jersey based pasta brand that started 50 years ago! They started this company to bring home-cooked meals into people’s homes. Amazing, that half a century later we still want and need convenience that tastes good. Some things will never change. The Caeser’s Kitchen line specializes in gluten-free pasta that tastes delicious! There is a full product line: 9 gluten-free products and 2 organic, non-gluten free products. All of these products are produced in a nut free facility as well. We recently taste tested some of the frozen meals. This taste test was conducted by gluten free and non-gluten free people. The Italian style stuffed shells came out on top with 5 stars from everyone! Click this link to print a $1.00 off coupon from Hopster. It is almost impossible to find a frozen gluten-free meal that tastes great. Caesar’s Kitchen will make you a believer. Prices for these frozen entrees range from $4.50-$6.00 and you can find them at your local Whole Foods, Giant, Stop and Shop and Food Lion.
Gnocchi from Caesar’s Kitchen is:
- Gluten Free
- certified organic
- Non GMO
- sodium free
- no trans fat
- contain no artificial additives, preservatives or colors
I hope you will try our easy to make Gnocchi Stew. Each bag of gnocchi has 4 servings. If you would like to make this a vegetarian stew, just substitute seitan or tofu cubes for the meat. This gluten-free recipe is sure to warm you up this winter. One person who leaves a comment (by Nov. 13th at midnight) will receive a case of Gnocchi shipped to their home. Must live in the US to win.
- 1 bag of Caesar's Kitchen frozen gnocchi
- 1 pound of stew meat
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 32 oz box chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Take your bag of Caesar's Kitchen gnocchi out of the freezer and let it rest on the counter while you are chopping and sauteeing vegetables.
- Brown your stew beef in olive oil then set aside. You just want to get a nice sear of each side, about 8 minutes. If you want this to be a vegetarian stew you can substitute seitan here.
- Add more olive oil to pan and cook the onions, and the garlic about 5 minutes.
- Add in the carrots, potatoes and celery.
- Saute about 8 minutes.
- Remove all the vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Pour one box of broth and 2 cups water into a soup pot.
- Add in your beef and your vegetables.
- Bring to boil.
- Let simmer 20 minutes.
- Pour in one bag of slightly defrosted gnocchi.
- Let simmer 15-20 minutes more.
This post is a sponsored post for Caesar’s Kitchen. The recipe and all opinions are honest and 100% my own.