Cheesecake Cookies dipped in Mint Chocolate
Cheesecake cookies are a family favorite cookie. When I found some Andes creme de menthe chocolate mint baking pieces I knew that I needed to add them to our baking. We often make mint brownies with the Andes candy pieces. That recipe is really easy too! All you have to do is make your favorite brownies. When they come out of the oven, you add one bag of Andes mint baking pieces on top and a few hours later you have a lovely minty topped brownie! No one will know how easy these are to make.
These cheesecake cookies originated one day when I could not find my springform pan to make a cheesecake. My daughter said, “Why not just make the cheesecake batter into cookies?” We experimented with the batter and added flour to make it thicker. These cheesecake cookies are delicious plain, or dipped in the melted Andes pieces.
This recipe takes very little time to make. Make sure your butter and cream cheese are both at room temperature when you start the recipe. This will allow them both to whip up smoothly. I made this recipe as a part of the Food Blogger Love Cookie Exchange. I sent these Cheesecake Cookies to 3 other food bloggers and three other bloggers sent cookies to me.
Here are the cookies that the Baking Fairy and the Saucy Southerner sent to me.
What type of cookie do you like to send to friends during the holidays?
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bag of Andes mint chocolate pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your baking sheets with non stick spray or parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together on high until smooth(takes 2 min)
- Add in the sugar and beat until fluffy(1-2 min).
- Beat in the two eggs and the vanilla for 1 min.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually pour the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and stir only until it is incorporated(Be careful not to over-mix.
- Make cookies tablespoon size balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes depending on your oven.
- Cookies will be light in color, edges ever so slightly browned.
- Cool cookies for about 30 mins before dipping in chocolate.
- Melt one bag of Andes chocolate pieces in a double boiler or in the microwave until just melted.
- Dip one side of each cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Allow cookie to cool on wax paper.
- Store in a well sealed container for up to 5 days.
If you are looking for some delicious cookies to make for National Cookie Day check out all the cookies that were included in our cookie swap!