Banana Coffee Cake
Banana coffee cake is a breakfast treat. Save some time by making this recipe with Kodiak Cakes as your base. No need to add any other dry ingredients, simply use 2 cups of the pancake mix! If you like to save time, you must try this quick coffee cake. Kodiak Cake pancake mixes are now sold at Walmarts everywhere.
Kodiak Cakes is one of our favorite brands. Each mix is filled with 100% whole grains, B vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. Kodiak Cakes has a large line of products including:
- pancake and waffle mixes
- brownie mixes
- personal cups for one with flapjacks, oatmeal, muffins, cornbreads, or brownies
- baking mixes
- frozen waffles and pancakes
A few months ago we made a delicious Rocky Road waffle with the Kodiak Cakes mix. If you like this banana coffee cake, you might like the waffle as well.
- 2 cups Kodiak Cake Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 ripe bananas
- streusel ingredients:
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 TB butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare a 9x9 square pan with spray or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl pour 2 cups of Kodiak Cakes buttermilk pancake mix.
- In a small bowl mash 3 ripe bananas.
- Add to the bananas, 1 cup milk, 1 egg and 1/2 cup applesauce.
- Pour banana mixture into the pancake mix and stir just until combined.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Melt 3 TB butter until just melted.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a small bowl: oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour the melted butter over the streusel ingredients.
- Evenly distribute streusel over the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until light brown.