A few months ago I was invited to create a recipe for a dish on eggs recipe e-book. My recipe was included in this awesome free recipe book here. Make sure you check out all the other recipes, they all look amazing!
Eggs are a great source of protein and they are also very reasonably priced! This dish is easy to put together in less than 10 minutes and it also freezes really well. I make a double batch on the weekends so we have a healthy snack to quickly heat up in minutes during the week. This recipe is made up of ingredients you probably have in your refrigerator right now.
Breakfast quiche is not only good for breakfast. I often eat a slice for lunch along with a salad. Or, it is delicious for dinner along with some roasted vegetables and fruit. One slice of this breakfast quiche is also great on-the-go. This recipe is very adaptable, simply use your favorite vegetables. I used mushrooms and onions, but it also works perfectly with peppers, broccoli, or tomatoes. This recipe is also great when you don’t know what to make for dinner, or when you have a few vegetables that you want to use up.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together 4 eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the oil, yogurt, and thyme to the eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, corn flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the diced mushrooms and onions. Do not over-mix!
- Bake for 45 minutes or until eggs are set and top is brown.
- NOTE: If your mix feels too dry, add a few tablespoons of milk at a time.
Leave me a comment below if you try this amazing breakfast quiche.
This recipe was sponsored by Dish on Eggs.