Gluten Free Grilled Cheese
Making a delicious grilled cheese that is also gluten free is always a challenge. The first step is to find a bread that tastes as good as regular bread. This is not an easy task. We tested many breads and worked on many recipes with the hopes of developing an easy back to school lunch recipe for my daughter. This recipe tastes just like a white pizza but in a grilled cheese form. Little Northern Bakehouse has the most delicious gluten free bread that we have found. We have tried just about every gluten free bread available and these loaves are the best by far.
Little Northern Bakehouse bread is:
- Certified Glyphosate Residue Free
- Delicious Tasting
- A perfect lunchbox staple
- Comes in 7 flavors and also hamburger and hot dog buns
We love to make white pizzas. The flavors of the ricotta, garlic, and spices are tantalizing to the taste buds. These white pizza flavors are so delicious on these plant-based gluten free bread slices. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we did.
If you are looking for an easy gluten free breakfast that is also vegan, check out the Gluten-free french toast we posted last year. This gluten free grilled cheese is one of our favorite lunch treats. or snacks. You can also add slices of tomato or a little pesto to make this recipe a little more exciting.
- 8 slices of Little Northern Bakehouse gluten free bread
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 T fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl mix together the ricotta, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Refrigerate this mixture for about an hour (or keep it in the fridge) so that the flavors can become enhanced.
- Put the bread slices on a plate and spread the ricotta mixture evenly on one side of your sandwich..
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on as well.
- Put the top slice of bread on the sandwich and put it into a pan that is heated on medium-low with some butter in the pan.
- Heat the sandwiches and flip them often until they’re golden-brown on the outsides.
- Eat it right away!
This post is sponsored by Little Northern Bakehouse. All recipes, thoughts & opinions are 100% my own.