I know I just scared you by writing the words tofu and cookies in the same sentence. But seriously, these cookies were so delicious, you would never know there was any tofu in them!
I mixed them up with my little girl today to warm us up, it is freeeeezing outside.
Hope you will give these a try!
Tofu Peanut Butter Cookies
- 12 and 1/3 oz package of firm silken tofu (aseptic Morinu works best)
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups regular oats
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, you can use any chips you like
- Preaheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl cream the tofu, the PB, the vanilla and the brown sugar.
- Add in the flours, bak powder, and oats to the mixture. Stir thoroughly till well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. These cookies do not spread out at all, so you do not need to leave space in between. Bake 20-25 minutes till golden brown. Makes about 30 cookies.
Copyright by Cookwith5kids
Have to admit tofu + cookie does scare me!