One of my kids is a fairly picky eater. He likes very few foods. Luckily, the foods he likes are healthy. We just made an awesome smoothie together.
We just threw in the Vitamix:
a peeled orange
about 1/4 cup hemp seeds
Blend it all up and enjoy a cup of healthy deliciousness!
My picky eater never knows what he wants for breakfast. On the weekend we try to create some healthy muffins to eat throughout the week. Here are the muffins we just made, hot out of the toaster oven. These muffins are vegan if you use one of the 3 egg substitutes. I prefer 3 T of aquafaba (chickpea brine). If you do not like aquafaba you can easily substitute a chia egg or a flax egg. If you are not vegan you should use 2 egg whites.
- 1/3 cup white flour
- 1 cup sprouted grain whole wheat flour (Can sub whole wheat flour or white flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 flax egg, or chia egg, or 3 T aquafaba (non vegans can sub 2 egg whites)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana mashed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together applesauce and sugar.
- Stir in the flax or chia egg or egg substitute and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Slowly pour in flour mixture and the mashed banana.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into muffin papers or disposable muffin tins. Our batter made 10 muffins.
- Bake 16-20 minutes.
- Add some protein to these by spreading on some peanut butter. Enjoy!