Have you heard of ProYo high protein Frozen Yogurt tubes? These tubes of deliciousness come in 4 flavors, vanilla, banana vanilla, dutch chocolate, and blueberry pomegranate. We first met the team behind ProYo at Expo East in Baltimore. The mini blogger tasted this treat and declared it delicious. She was shocked when she read how good and healthy these small tubes were for her:
- low fat
- high protein (20 grams per 4 oz tube!)
- full of probiotics and prebiotics
- good source of fiber
- soy free
- low sugar and diabetic friendly
- no artificial ingredients
- rBST and rBGH free
- low glycemic
- and most importantly totally DELICIOUS
We loved the nutrition and science behind these tubes and while we loved eating these straight out of the tube, we tried to bake with Pro-Yo frozen yogurt as a main ingredient. It was a huge success! Once we melted the yogurt we could easily substitute it for eggs, cream, or even butter. We made muffins, pies and bread puddings. Today we are sharing with you this amazing high protein Chocolate Pudding Pie. The 4 ProYo tubes that we used in the batter have 80 grams of protein! Not too shabby for a dessert. I called it a magic chocolate pie, as it always disappeared right after I made it. The second pie I made specifically to photograph was consumed overnight. Yes, I need to put a note on it next time! Protein pie that tastes delicious is a winning dessert in my book.
Protein Pie is the best dessert for picky children
You can find ProYo in your freezer aisle. Check this handy locator to find your closest store location.
- One frozen pie crust
- 1 package of chocolate pudding (instant)
- 4 ProYo frozen yogurt tubes, chocolate flavor
- Allow the frozen pie crust to defrost for 10 minutes.
- Prick a few holes with a fork all around so the crust does not puff up.
- Bake the crust according to the package instructions and let cool.
- Allow your ProYo tubes to defrost a bit while your crust is cooking and cooling.
- You can microwave them for a few seconds if they do not feel soft to the touch, you want them to be easy to stir.
- Put all 4 chocolate ProYo tubes into a small bowl.
- Stir in the instant pudding.
- Stir well and pour into the cooled crust.
- Put the pie into the refrigerator and let chill for at least an hour.
- Serve cold with a bit of whipped cream on top.
This post was sponsored by ProYo. All opinions and thoughts are 100% our own.