Healthy Snacks to get you ready for vacation
We all want to get our bikini body ready, right? Our house is fully stocked with lots of healthy snacks. If you do not buy junk food your family cannot eat it. Simple concept to follow really. When we snack we try to make sure it is always a healthy choice. We carefully check all ingredients and only eat those snacks that pass strict guidelines. Today I am sharing 10 snacks that we have enjoyed this year. These healthy snacks are guaranteed to get you ready for vacation. Just don’t eat too many of them, ok?
- New Pop Popcorn: This skinless popcorn is so delicious. Since the skin is removed, no sticky parts get stuck in your teeth. It tastes very different than regular popcorn, and in our opinion it is much better! It is popped under high pressure so it can keep all the nutrients inside. It is 100% natural, nonGMO, vegan and gluten free. It comes in 3 delicious flavors, Original, Hot and Sweet, and Sweet Cinnamon. One serving is 32 calories, 4 grams of fiber and 1.4 grams of protein.
- Karma Wellness Water: This water is a family favorite. Karma has transformed water into digestive health. Each bottle has 2 grams of sugar and is full of vitamins and probiotics. You push down on the top to release the vitamins and when they mix into the bottle there is a beautiful swirl of color. Not only are these drinks fun to consume, they taste delicious! Karma wellness water is nonGMO, vegan, and gluten free and lactose free. Karma wellness water comes in 6 delicious flavors, each with a different health goal.
- Wella Bars: These nut based protein bars are sold in the refrigerator. When I do not have time for lunch I grab one of these bars and I am good to go for the day. What a lifesaver these bars are! This fresh snack tastes rich and addictive. They remind me of the peanut butter candies I used to make when I was young. Each bar has between 8 and 14 grams of protein. These bars are organic, nonGMO, and soy free.
- New Primal Snack Mates for kids: These snacks are mini beef or turkey jerky that are aimed at kids but great for adults too. Each mini 1/2oz. stick is 7 grams of protein and made with meat that is antibiotic and hormone free. Each paleo friendly snack mate is gluten free and minimally processed. This snack is perfect to tuck in your purse for a high protein burst of energy.
- Yves Veggie Snacks: Yves makes the best vegan and vegetarian substitutes. We recently tried their kale and quinoa bites, which look like mini meatballs. I heated them with some spaghetti and sauce and the kids gobbled them up. These bites are packed with veggies and are a great source of vitamins too. Yves has a huge line of products including falafel, pepperoni, sandwich “meat” and “ground beef”. We love this type of fake meat with delicious meat flavor but none of the harmful ingredients.
- Natural Sins fruit snacks: Made in Costa Rica, Natural Sins fruit snacks look like a potato chip but taste like something unique and different. These super thin and crispy treats almost melt in your mouth. Warning: they are quite addictive. We loved the pineapple and coconut flavors best. The other two flavors are beet and mango. This snack is gluten free and vegan.
- Coco-Roons: These bite sized macaroon type cookies are the original superfood snack. They are organic, vegan, gluten free, and NonGMO. They are also refined sugar free! We tried the chocolate chip and the salted caramel flavor and they were so good! There are 6 other flavors as well. These cookies are a great indulgence of healthy ingredients.
- Zest Tea: A hot drink is a great way to curb a snack craving. We love our coffee but sometimes you just need something different. Zest Tea to the rescue! This tea is high octane and energizes us just as much as coffee does. The flavors are delicious: pomegranate mojito, blue lady, cinnamon apple, and earl grey. Each sachet contains as much caffeine as 1 cup of coffee, but none of the coffee side effects like jitters or crashes. We love the Earl Grey flavor the best. Try a cup of zest tea next time you want a snack.
- Crazy Go Nuts: This superfood snack is SO delicious. These walnuts are covered in flavorings which turn this healthy nut into the most delicious nugget of flavor. Oatmeal cookie is our favorite flavor. Be careful, these little gourmet snacks can be caloric if you eat too many. Want to live on the wild side? Try the garlic parmesan or buffalo flavor.
- Greater Than sports drinks and KRA : Sports drinks and electrolytes are so important for my boys with an auto-immune illness. They have switched from Gatorade and Powerade to these two sports drinks which are so much better for them. Both of these drinks are made from all natural ingredients gives them energy when they need it, without all the harmful chemicals. Greater than is coconut water based, NonGMO, gluten free, and comes in three flavors. Each carton has 10 grams of sugar and 50 calories. KRA comes in four flavors and is organic, gluten free, and made from organic juices.
What healthy snacks are you eating to get ready for vacation?
Thanks for the great snack ideas. Summer is coming up quick so I need to get ready!
No problem! It is hard to find healthy snacks that taste great!
I have never heard of a few of these snacks! I am going to have to look into some of these for different healthy alternatives.
I hope you found some new favorites! These are all such great healthy choices.
This is absolutely perfect for me. We are going on a big vacation in six weeks and I’m trying to get myself into shape. My problem is is I like to snack so this would be perfect for me.
You will be vacation ready, I am sure! You have some great choices in snacks here.
Don’t forget to grab a bag of carrots and celery! Those are always foods that take longer to chew so you have to work for your snacks.
Fruits and veggies are the perfect snacks, but sometimes you need something more! Thanks for adding two yummy snacks to the list.
I’ve never heard of skinless popcorn before. That’s really cool. My husband won’t eat popcorn because he hates it getting stuck in his teeth.
The New Pop Popcorn is perfect for your hubby! No skins so nothing is stuck in your teeth. I love it for the same reason.
Drinking tea and tons of water is healthy for a person and good for the body. Popcorn plain is a great snack food
The New Pop popcorn has an original flavor which is quite good for you and so yummy! I just ate a handful and it was delicious!
Those Yves veggie snacks sound really good. I need to pick some of them up for my granddaughter to try,
Yves makes the best meatless substitutes. I love them so much. I bet your granddaughter would enjoy them. Look for them in the produce area of your grocery store.
I will have to pick up a few of these great snacks. Fruit cups are always a popular item with the kids.
Fruit cups are very popular as well! I hope you find a new favorite snack here today.
Almost every one of these are new to me! I will absolutely check them out because I do love snacks but prefer healthy ones! Thanks for the great list!
Awesome! I am so glad you found some new snacks to try. I hope you love them as much as we do.
These are some great snack options! It is definitely harder to find healthy options than junk.
It is harder to find healthy foods for sure. We try to avoid the unhealthy mainstream products in our house. These snacks are so yummy that no one minds having them!
I have never heard of all these snacks. I’d love to try the Coco Roons and Crazy Go Nuts.
Those are both such great picks! Coco-Roons taste just like a raw macaroon, yum! The Crazy Go Walnuts are small nuggets of deliciousness. I hope you try both!
These are all great options! I love these tips and advice. Kids will also sure like this kind of snack.
My kids all love these snacks! I hope you will give them a try.
We always pack a cooler full of food and snacks for our road trips because anything is healthier than stopping at fast food places and eating there. We always pack some fruit and peanut butter sandwiches.
You are so smart. Food on the road is always so unhealthy.
Such a great healthy snack! I would love to try this all when we have an outing. Great post!
These snacks are perfect for bringing on a trip, for sure! It is best to be prepared for snacking emergencies.
I’ve got to try that popcorn. I love popcorn with a passion but hate getting it stuck in between my teeth. I need to try all of your healthy snacks before going to the beach this summer.
The skinless is so genius! I also hate the skin getting stuck in my teeth. This snack is one of my favorites!
We love popcorn in our house. I get the 100 kettlecorn. It is just the right amount of sweet n salty.
I will have to check out a few of your other suggestions.
The original New Pop popcorn tastes a bit like kettlecorn to me. I would call it kettle corn light. And at 32 calories per serving, it is really light!
These sound like some yummy snacks to get you ready for your vacation. I love rice cakes too!
I love rice cakes as well! They are a great healthy snack.
These snacks sound great. I’ll have to look for those Wella Bars.
The Wella Bars would be good for travel days for you! They are delicious and filling, a perfect travel snack.
WOW! I am a serial snacker and these snacks would be nice to try especially because they’re healthy.
I am also a serial snacker. It is so nice to find healthy snacks that taste great!
What an awesome list of snacks!
We do a lot of granola, trailmix and chips, haha!
Those are delicious snacks. I hope you try a few new snacks on my list.