Google Home Mini
It is so hard to shop for teens. I should know, I have 3 teens in my home right now. Finding the perfect gift for this age group is not easy. My 13 and 16-year-old sons share a room, and finding something that they both enjoy is close to impossible. The Google Home Mini was one piece of electronics that they both use every day. If you are looking for a unique gift, check out the Google Home Mini.
Top 6 reasons your teen needs a Google Home Mini in their room:
- Listen to music on Spotify or other music streaming websites: The Google Home mini is a small but powerful speaker. It has an intelligent Voice Match feature so it knows who is speaking. My two teens each have different playlists and the Google Home mini automatically plays each of their playlists when asked. How cool is that?
- Plays YouTube videos on a TV using a Chromecast: My teens have a TV in their room with a Chromecast. With the Google Home Mini, it can act as an intelligent remote control without needing a remote. The Google Home mini can change the volume, pause and play, FF, rewind, find new YouTube videos, and much more. All you have to do is say, Ok, Google play (name of specific YouTube video) on (Name of Chromecast) and it starts to play. No need for a computer or remote control to enjoy all that YouTube has to offer.
- Can help with homework: The kids have asked the Google Home Mini some crazy questions over the past few months. Many of the questions are easily answered by this smart device. Math homework is a good place to start asking questions of the Google Home Mini. You can also have it look up the meaning of a word or use it as a thesaurus. Obviously, you should not rely on the Google Home Mini to do your homework, but it can make a nice calculator while you are working on a more complicated problem.
- Can stream Netflix movies and TV shows on a TV with a Chromecast: If you link your Netflix account to the Google Home mini (by using the Google Home app) you can simply say Ok, Google watch “Person of Interest” and it will play on the TV (through the chromecast). You can also easily change to a different show, pause it, or even find some new series to binge watch.
- Sets a timer and an alarm to help your teen budget their time. My teens use the timer and alarm feature daily. This works so effortlessly and keeps the teens on track.
- So many more things you can do with the Google Home Mini including: Make a phone call, order a pizza, set reminders, look up the weather, get the latest news, get a translation, find places nearby, manage a calendar, and remind you about important information.
The Google Home mini is a really amazing device. At only $49.99 on the Verizon website, you have a useful gift that anyone would love. Every home can benefit from this intelligent speaker. Each day we find something new that the Google Home Mini can help us with. Gotta run, the mini just ordered us a pizza for dinner.
What do you think is a perfect gift for a teen?
This post was sponsored by Verizon and VerizonDC. All thoughts and opinions are 100% our own. My teens love the Google Home Mini and think it would be a great gift for other teens.