Hydration is so important. Drinking enough water throughout your day is crucial to a healthy lifestyle. Now, more than ever, you need to take your health and wellness seriously and make informed decisions about what you are eating and drinking. Many people do not like the taste of plain water. My kids have an autoimmune illness called POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia system). When you have an illness like POTS, you need to hydrate even more than a regular person does. Finding beverages to keep hydration tasty, interesting, and beneficial to the body, has not been very easy, until now. Staying properly hydrated helps your nutrient absorption and your overall wellness. And now for our in-depth Vitapod review.
What is a Vitapod?
A Vitapod is the ultimate flavored beverage machine and a great way to keep your family hydrated. Our Vitapod has a prime spot on the kitchen counter. It keeps our family hydrated and the kids enjoy drinking these delicious flavored drinks. The best part is that this high-performance machine is easy to use and provides us with filtrated beverages filled with vitamins, minerals, and flavonoids. With a quick push of the button and you can watch your drink blend right in front of you. My daughter says it is just like going to her favorite smoothie bar, but she can do it at home. Each drink that you blend is much better for you than a plain glass of water, and with so many great flavors, you can’t go wrong. Watch as your water transforms into a wellness beverage. The pods have a wide range of benefits and include plant-based antioxidants.
What do you save by buying a Vitapod and what can you do with the used pods?
For every machine that Vitapod sells, they stop 50 single-use plastic bottles from entering the ocean in a partnership with PlasticBank®. Vitapods makes it super easy for you to recycle the used pods. A prepaid envelope is included in the box. Simply fill up the recycle bag with your empty pods and pouches and then send them back for recycling. Each pod is biodegradable, which means that they are specially formulated with an organic compound that accelerates biodegradation. You should also know that the pods do not contain any BPA, Phthalates, or any PVC.
What ingredients and benefits do the Vitapods have?
- Each drink made in the Vitapod is between 4 and 20 calories from all-natural ingredients.
- All the drinks are kosher and GMO-free.
- All the drinks are dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, and egg-free.
- All the drinks are sugar-free, except the Sports+ has 2 grams of organic cane sugar.
- The drinks are sweetened with stevia and erythritol.
- Each pod is vegan except the Beauty+ which has collagen in it.
Unique benefits of beverages in the Vitapod
The pods that have a plus sign have a unique blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can really benefit most people. The pods without a plus sign contain electrolytes, minerals, and antioxidants but not the vitamins. All the drinks, except the shots, are meant to be made in the 16.9oz size. If you create them on the medium setting, (8.5oz), your drink will be much stronger. Any pod can be consumed at any size you like, stronger or weaker, according to your taste. The pods can include, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins A, C, D, E, and folic acid.
The Vitapod can chill your drink to your favorite cool temperature. I love this feature because my teeth are sensitive to very cold things. My husband loves super cold drinks so he makes his drinks very cold. You can also add ice to your drink to make it colder.
What flavors do the Vitapods come in?
You might want to try a variety pack to see which flavors your family likes best before investing in a big bag of the same flavor. My kids love the Pineapple Coconut flavor the best. The variety pack includes Hydra+ Blueberry Pomegranate, Hydra+ Watermelon, Hydra+ Pineapple Coconut, Hydra+ Cotton Candy, Hydra Cotton Candy, Iced Tea lemon infusion, Iced Tea+ Peach, Energy+ Orange Zest, and Sports+ Green Apple. Each flavor has a different benefit, and there are 12 total flavor pods for you to choose from
- HYDRA+ flavors: contain electrolytes, Vitamins A, C, D, E and folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and flavonoids from decaffeinated green tea. Four flavor options include Cotton Candy, Blueberry Pomegranate, Pineapple Coconut, and Watermelon.
- HYDRA flavors: contain electrolytes, minerals, and flavonoids, with a perfect amount of magnesium, sodium, and potassium. Comes in cotton candy flavor.
- ICED TEA+: contains flavonoids, electrolytes, and all the vitamins that are in HYDRA+ flavors. Also includes clean energy from black tea with 60mg of caffeine. Comes in Peach tea flavor.
- ICED TEA: contains all the same ingredients as the iced tea+ except the added vitamins. Also includes clean energy from black tea with 64 mg of caffeine. Comes in lemon infusion flavor.
- ENERGY+: contains flavonoids, electrolytes, and caffeine, vitamins, and minerals, and is formulated for adults 18 and older. Also includes 200mg of caffeine from green coffee beans. Comes in Orange Zest flavor.
- SPORTS+: contains a unique blend of electrolytes, amino acids, and flavonoids. Includes 2 grams of organic cane sugar, and 100 mg of caffeine from green coffee beans and is formulated for children and adults 12 and older. Comes in green apple flavor.
- IMMUNITY+: contains antioxidants, flavonoids, key vitamins, and minerals, as well as decaffeinated green tea extract. Comes in blackberry mint flavor.
- BEAUTY+: contain flavonoids, electrolytes, and beauty boosters. Also includes collagen and biotin. Comes in Raspberry Hibiscus flavor.
How are Vitapod drinks different from other hydration beverages?
Most other hydration competitors rely on using sodium and sugar as the main ingredients. While this can help to improve hydration, it is not healthy to consume too much sodium and sugar regularly. The Vitapods formulas are very advanced and use the minimum level of sodium in conjunction with other electrolytes like calcium, magnesium, and potassium to create an optimal level of hydration. Every pod except the Sports+ pod does not contain any sugar, which is unusual for hydration beverages. Vitapod does not only keep you hydrated, it fills you up with important vitamins, minerals, and flavonoids which are often not consumed enough, by the average American. Fun fact about the Vitapod, the mixing chamber blends the pods with water at 690 RPMs, which is faster than the blades of a helicopter.
What are flavonoids and why do you need them?
Flavonoids are antioxidants that were developed in plants millions of years ago with the purpose of protecting them from UV radiation and viruses. Flavonoids are important because the average person typically consumes only 10-15% of the recommended 400-500 mg of flavonoids a day. Vitapod beverages have up to 370 mg of flavonoids per serving. You can easily close this flavanoid nutrition gap by just drinking one delicious Vitapod drink per day.
Place your order for a Vitapod today
If you enjoyed our Vitapod review and would like to order a Vitapod for you or a friend, and/or some flavor pods, please click here. You can save $15 on a Vitapod Machine or Vitapod Machine Starter Pack when you use the code MOM15. This code expires 9/30/21. You will also receive free shipping on your order. Each bag of pods contains 30 pods per flavor, and they have a 2-year expiration date.
I hope you enjoyed our Vitapod review. Which flavor would you want to try first? Leave me a comment below.
I received this product for free from Moms Meet. Our family has been using the Vitapod for the past month so we can provide our honest opinion. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.