Are you looking for a unique holiday gift?
Charles Phoenix has created this delightful cookbook called Holiday Jubilee. Charles Phoenix is the ambassador of Americana and he has created the most amazing cakes to share at your next holiday party. The delightful centerpieces will keep everyone talking at your next party.
How awesome is this candy cane cake? It is easy to make with boxed cake mix and tubs of frosting. You can follow Charles’ easy directions and have this gorgeous cake on your table in no time. This book does not just cover Christmas cakes, it covers all the major holidays.
The holiday jubilee cookbook is a unique holiday gift for anyone who likes to bake cakes and decorate their table. It is a perfect option for that special someone you do not know what to buy for them.
- 3 boxes white cake mix, mixed according to box instructions
- 1 large bottle red food coloring
- 1 large bottle white food coloring
- 1 large bottle turquoise food coloring
- Peppermint extract to taste
- 5 tubs white frosting
- Small and large candy canes
- Red, white, and green spice drops
- Peppermint candies
- Follow the directions on the back of the box and prepare 3 white cake mixes.
- Divide the batter into two bowls and stir in the peppermint extract to taste.
- Generously add red food coloring to one and white food coloring to the other.
- Fill plastic squeeze bottles with batter.
- Spray 3 cake pans with PAM.
- Line bottom of cake pans with no-stick baking paper and flour the sides of pans.
- To create the candy cane effect, squeeze in the red and white batter, alternating in concentric
- circles until pan is about 3/4 full.
- Bake the cakes according to the box instructions.
- FROSTING and FILLING
- Stir turquoise food coloring into frosting until color is consistent.
- Put several candy canes in a
- double-zip plastic bag and gently crack with a mallet until they are broken into small pieces.
- Sift to get rid of the teeny-tiny broken bits.
- Stack each layer with a generous spread of frosting sprinkled and topped with candy cane bits. Frost and refrigerate.
- To increase the chances that your candy cane cake will collapse during the party, decorate with
- candy canes, peppermints, and spice drops just before your guests arrive.
- Let them oooh and aaah over it. Then let gravity do its thing—hopefully within an hour or so, much to their devilish delight, they’ll witness the cake crack, fail, and fall. Serve the collapsed cake right away with holiday cheer and watch it get gobbled up like it was the last cake on the planet! By the way, it’s totally fine if your crazy candy cane cake doesn’t collapse—it’ll still be the life of the party.