Three of my kids love meat burgers. Two do not eat burgers at all. Some nights I am craving a delicious veggie burger and this one hits the spot. It is full of protein and vegetables. I usually have it on a bed of lettuce. You can of course also put one of these on a bun. Add some grilled onions and you have an awesome meal!!
- one can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa, cook as directed on your package
- 1/2 cup oats, ground fine
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 4 small mushrooms diced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 egg or a vegan egg substitute
- Put your rinsed and dried chickpeas into the food processor. Pulse until the chickpeas are in small pieces. Begin to saute the onion, mushroom and carrots in a saute pan.
- Add the oat flour to your chickpeas. Pulse.
- Add garlic powder, salt and 1 egg or egg substitute.
- Add in the sauteed vegetables.
- Pulse all the ingredients until combined.
- Make into patties and fry in a saute pan 4-5 minutes per side.