This weekend was full of sickness. UGH!!! Diane was so sick with a high fever, strep throat, just wanting Mama’s cuddles. But our basket of greens was calling so we made our first recipe. If you like the flavor of garlic this dip is for you!! It is super strong, yet delicious.
This recipe is really easy to make. The green curly things are called garlic scapes. You cut off the flowers and the ends, then you chop up the green stalks. They are really the coolest looking vegetable I have ever seen.
- 15 ounces can of butter beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup garlic scapes, chopped (discard the flowers)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Drain and rinse your beans. Put them in the food processor. Pulse them a few times. Add in all the pieces of garlic scapes and the parmesan and olive oil. Process for a minute. Add in the lemon juice and spices. Process till very smooth.
- This dip would be great on a falafel sandwich or on whole grain crackers, a sliced baguette, or in a
- tomato half.