We love the kids teachers so much that we wanted to bake them a treat for Thanksgiving Week. These muffins are moist, delicious, and great to share with family and friends.
Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
- 1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 TB butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 6 oz pkg of butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease mini muffin pan or put in mini muffin papers. You can also turn these into regular size muffins and bake them longer.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, white sugar,cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, melted butter, applesauce and pumpkin in a separate bowl. (Make sure the butter is melted and cooled off or it will cook the eggs.)
- Combine both bowls and stir gently. Add in all the butterscotch chips.
- Bake each muffin for 12 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure they are done.
Copyright by Cookwith5kids
These muffins were so good.
The teachers gobbled them right up.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!