Quinoa is one of my favorite foods. It is such a healthy grain. Quinoa is also very versatile. It can make a great breakfast porridge, a side dish at lunch, and a main course for dinner.
My 4 year old loves this recipe. It is a great way to get kids to eat spinach. My toddler hates to eat spinach plain, but she loves to rip it into small pieces for this recipe. She even will eat two large pieces. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 eggs or egg beaters
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 1 TB chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease an 8×8 pan with the melted butter. I usually just spray it with PAM.
- Set the pan aside.
- Put quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse until cold running water runs clear, drain well.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, all the milk, garlic, thyme, salt and quinoa.
- Stir in spinach and then pour into the pan.
- Cover tightly with foil and gently jiggle the dish from side to side so
- that the quinoa settles to the bottom in a fairly even layer.
- Bake until just set, about 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- Return to the oven and bake uncovered until golden brown and crisp, about 10-15 more minutes.
- Let cool briefly, then slice into squares and serve.
For more quinoa recipes check out: