Today we tried to pretend that it is Fall. Outside it is a sunny 70 degrees, but in my kitchen it is smelling like Fall. These pumpkin muffins were easily made sugar free with Swerve Sweetener. This recipe is also free of oil and butter. I do not feel badly at all giving a few of these muffins to the kids as a breakfast or dessert. These rated a 9/10 from Alex. Next recipe will be a 10/10!
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Swerve sugar substitute
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. (Both kinds of flour, sugar substitute, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.)
- Mix wet ingredient in a separate bowl. (pumpkin, egg, applesauce, milk)
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until almost blended. Sprinkle in the walnuts. Mix up a few more seconds. Put batter into regular size muffin papers. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it is done. Enjoy!
A few quick notes:
*You can easily use only all purpose flour, just use 2 cups!
*You can use 1/4 cup of oil if you are not into the lower fat taste of applesauce substitute.
*You can use an egg substitute (flax or chia egg) as well as an almond milk and these will be vegan!