Apples are so abundant in September and so healthy for you, so why not make a delicious vegan apple muffin today. Our local whole foods had organic gala apples last week for only $1.39 a pound! You know the old saying, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. I try to eat at least one apple a day and for me, that saying is true. My kids love to have a fresh muffin for breakfast on school days. Unfortunately, most muffins you find in the store are full of fat, sugar and preservatives. Making your own muffins at home is not difficult at all. The most labor intensive part is cleaning the silicone muffin cups when you are done. Besides that, making muffins is as easy as apple pie and much healthier. We made these muffins vegan by using 1/3 cup of aquafaba(the water inside of a can of chickpeas) instead of 2 eggs. If you want to, you can easily substitute 2 eggs for the aquafaba. Two things you want to make sure you have in your pantry if you want your baking to come out perfect every time are Nielsen Massey Vanilla Paste:Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste, 4 Ounce and Silicone Muffin Holders:Pantry Elements Silicone Cupcake Liners / Baking Cups – 12 Vibrant Muffin Molds in Storage Jar. Other than those two items, you probably have all the ingredients in your house and you are ready to make some Vegan Apple Muffins. These muffins are perfect if you have some not older apples you need to use up. If you are not sure how healthy apples are for you, check out this article and learn about all the benefits to adding more apples to your diet.
Vegan Apple Muffins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs or 1/3 cup of aquafaba
- 3/4 cup of applesauce
- 1 T vanilla paste
- 2 and 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled and diced in small pieces(can also use grated apple)
- brown sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pan and silicone muffin liners or muffin papers.
- Cream together sugar, egg or aquafaba, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Gently stir in the diced apples.
- Fill muffin liners about 3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- For a truly appleish experience top muffin with some apple butter.
Check out our new video which shows you step by step how to make these delicious muffins!