Winter can be very damaging to your car. Do you know how to prepare your car for winter? Most people know how to prepare their homes for winter, but cars are often overlooked. Your vehicles require extra attention and preventative measures will prolong the life of your car. Winter is full of sand, salt, snow, and other damaging substances. Getting your kids involved in the winter maintenance of your cars will teach them lifelong lessons. Our daughter loves helping to fill up the car’s tires with air, checking the oil, and even filling up the car with gas.
Car washes are a fun activity while also being very good for your car. When our kids were younger they begged us to take them to the carwash. They enjoyed watching the water spray over the car while the brushes scrubbed off all the dirt. We never realized how smart the kids were, because taking your vehicle for a carwash is a great way to take care of your car, especially in the winter. We visited a Smart Car Wash in our neighborhood last week. You can find a location near you at this link. There are 8 excellent reasons that you can read here, that will explain why you should be washing the inside and outside of your car regularly. The WaterSavers locations do a great job recycling the water, keeping your car very clean, and using less water than one load of laundry! You probably spent a lot of money on your car, so do yourself a favor and keep it as clean as possible.
How to prepare your car for winter:
- Add antifreeze to your car to keep the fluids from freezing.
- Change your oil when winter begins. Fresh oil will keep your car running and starting smoothly.
- Check your tires. Good tire pressure makes your entire car run smoother and you will also get better miles per gallon.
- Get a carwash from a WaterSavers car wash.
- Get your car waxed before the winter weather begins. A coat of wax acts as an extra layer and will protect your car’s body from all the harsh weather conditions that winter will bring.
- Replace your older windshield wipers. Extreme weather like hail, sleet, and snow require new windshield wipers that can keep up with the conditions.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car. You never know when you might be stranded and need some items from your kit. If you do not have a kit yet, you can win one below.
Enter to win on the Rafflecopter below to win a high value winter preparation prize package, worth $150 that will include:
- Road-Side Assistance Companion
- Costco brand, but Costco membership not required for use
- Road Companion Membership Features: 24/7 Nationwide Towing & Roadside Assistance, Battery Jump Start, Fuel Delivery, Lock-out & Tire Change
- 12 month membership
- Branded Duffle Bag loaded with auto essentials
- Branded CamelBak Water-bottle
- Branded Stress ball (shaped like logo/water drop)
- Branded Charger bank
- Glass cleaning wipes
- Leather cleaning wipes
- Auto vacuum
- Car Febreze
I have another great giveaway posted here, where you can win a $50 Whole Foods gift card!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Carwash Association: WaterSavers. The opinions and text are all mine.