This post is sponsored by The Women Bloggers LLC and O-Cedar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. My house is definitely much cleaner since the Easy Wring Mop joined our family.
Chores for kids will be more fun when you have the right tools
My kids do not have specific chores. You might think that makes me a terrible Mom. Instead of having chores assigned, I ask my kids to help out when they can. Until recently, no one has ever volunteered to mop the floors. When mopping turned into a fun project, everyone started to fight over the job. There might even have been a small fight that broke out over who would use the O-Cedar Easy Wring mop first. I giggled inside at this silly argument. With the right tools, even chores can be fun.
This past weekend we celebrated my parents’ 50th anniversary with a huge party. Can you believe that my parents have been married so long? They are an amazing example of love and devotion to everyone who knows them. I am lucky and blessed to have been born into this family. The photo below was taken 6 weeks after they were married. So after our party the kitchen looked like a disaster area. Crumbs as far as the eye could see. My daughter surprised me and pulled out our new mop and cleaned all the floors. When I asked her why she did it, she said that using this mop is really fun. She saw the big mess in the kitchen and on her own decided to help clean it up.
If you have the right tools in your home, your kids might offer to do some chores. I know this seems like a simple concept, but it is something that parents might not realize. Our new mop has been used every day since I bought it. Do you know how many times my kids mopped the floors with our old mop? Zero. The tools really make a difference. Our dog Molly is shedding like crazy. We need more mopping than ever, to keep up with all the dog hair all over.
Chores your kids will enjoy with my top 5 tool recommendations:
- The O-Cedar Easy Wring Mop is really fun for kids or adults to use. I am sure the excitement of this mop will wear off one day, but until then, my floors are staying really clean. Your kids might even fight over who gets to use the mop first. Adults will also enjoy how easy it is to mop the floors.
- Kids love to do dishes. Any chore that involves water is going to be a lot of fun. To make the chore of doing the dishes even more fun all you need is a sponge, a dish brush and your favorite dish soap.
- Dusting is really fun for kids. Give them a microfiber duster and they will enjoy dusting the entire house. Even very young kids can help with dusting.
- A Dust pan and brush are another simple chore that encourages cooperation. One child must hold the dust pan while the second needs to hold the brush. Together they have to work to pick up the dirt. When your kids are young and they spill something simple like cereal on the floor, they can easily pick that up with a dust pan and brush.
- A push broom is a very versatile and fun tool for kids. My kids enjoy sweeping the garage floor and also cleaning the deck. The push broom has a big surface area and can clean a lot of dirt with one push. The push broom is better for kids who are a bit older because it is bigger and harder to control.
We made a video so you can see how easy it is to use this mop:
What chores do your kids enjoy? Please share your tips in the comments below.