Pasta Salad Recipe
Summer means salad for dinner. It is too hot to turn on the oven and make something complicated for dinner. My family loves to eat tortellini. Last summer we enjoyed a cold tortellini salad with vegetables and today I am sharing with you a new take on the tortellini salad. This pasta salad recipe is easy to make and full of protein and vegetables. I served this picnic recipe at a family picnic and it was a huge hit with all the kids and adults.
Cook the Tortellini
The first step in this recipe is to cook your tortellini in boiling water. A few tips for cooking tortellini. Multicolor tortellini are fun to eat. Make sure your water is boiling very strongly before adding the tortellini. Add your tortellini and as soon as they float they are done. Ours only took 2-3 minutes to cook! Do not overcook them.
Add in Toss’ables: marinated tofu cubes
Nasoya just came out with a brand new product. Toss’ables are marinated tofu cubes and they come in two flavors: balsamic vinaigrette and garlic and herb. These tofu cubes are so fun to use in summer recipes, no baking or cooking your tofu. These are perfectly seasoned tofu cubes with a whopping 14 grams of plant-based protein in each 3 oz serving. Toss’ables are vegan, certified organic and gluten-free! and come in two delicious flavors – Balsamic Vinaigrette and Garlic & Herb. To prepare the Toss’ables to add to the pasta salad you just need to open up the bag and add them to your bowl.
Chop your vegetables in small pieces
Chop your vegetables very small so your pasta salad recipe is easy to digest. Your kids will enjoy finding all the colors of the rainbow on their plate.
Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together
Whisk together all your vinaigrette ingredients. It smells so delicious and will be a perfect light topping to this pasta salad recipe.
Pasta Salad Recipes are great for Picnics
Toss the tortellini in the vinaigrette first. Then add all your chopped vegetables. Finally, add your Tofu cubes and toss it all together really well.
This tortellini pasta salad with tofu is perfect for your next cookout, potluck dinner, barbecue, or just when you are too hot to cook. This recipe is filled with healthy vegetables and filling tofu cubes and tortellini pasta.
What is your favorite food to serve in the summer?
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 package of tortellini
- 2-3 peppers cut in small pieces
- 1 box of grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 can of sliced olives, well drained and dried
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minces
- 1 small cucumber diced and seeds taken out
- 1 small red onion diced
- In a large pot bring water to a boil.
- Add tortellini when boiling vigorously and cook 2-3 minutes, until they are floating on top.
- Run cold water over the tortellini to stop them from cooking any longer.
- Whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss the cold tortellini with the vinaigrette.
- Chop all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Toss the vegetables and tortellini with vinaigrette all together.
- Add in the tofu cubes and the fresh parsley and drained olives.
- Toss everything together and mix well.
- Chill and serve cold.
I received samples of Toss’ables from Nasoya to create a recipe. All thoughts, opinions, and recipe creations are 100% my own.