Can someone explain to me how summer goes by so quickly? The school year seems to move SO slowly as we drown in homework and tests. We tried to really enjoy our summer. All of us have taken advantage of lazy days, sleeping late, staying in pajamas all day, and just relaxing. We have played games, gone on adventures, and done a bit of work. To help you get ready for school, I am sharing my Back to School Survival Guide for parents. These products will help you ease into your school year. Don’t miss the great giveaway from Stembox at the end. I partnered with The Hopping Bloggers for this sponsored Back To School Gift Guide. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Back to School Survival Guide
1. Schmidt’s Deodorant can save you and your kids from a smelly situation. Nothing is worse than smelling sweaty, right? Schmidt’s deodorant is all natural and full of healthy ingredients. Most natural deodorants do not work, but Schmidt’s does! Our entire family uses it and we promise it works and keeps us smelling great. There are tons of flavors to choose from. The mini blogger has sensitive skin and she loves the sensitive skin waves scent. Mom is partial to the Lavender Tips and the teens love the charcoal+magnesium best. Stock up on some great deodorant to keep your kids smelling good this year.
2. Teach My Yoga Mat is a great learning tool for kids 3 and up. This mat encourages your kids to learn while staying active. Physical activity is important for young children and this mat can be used indoors no matter what time of year or weather outside. Research has shown that children who are learning while moving will absorb more information. This yoga mat will teach the alphabet, numbers, shapes, and colors with the included fish. The magnetic fishing rods will encourage your child to pick up the correct fish. Kids love to be active and when they are using this type of learning tool they do not even realize they are learning.
3. Speck is the best online store that I use for great back to school items for the kids and for myself. Both of my kids will be going to school in style with the new Ruck backpack. The Ruck is perfect for the kids because it has a dedicated padded compartment for the computer they must bring to school. The Ruck not only looks fashionable but it also has lots of hidden pockets too. Speck also has great cases for the electronic devices your family has. My Speck iPhone case has protected my phone from many drops. They sell cases for Apple phones, Samsung phones, tablets, computers, and even Apple watches.
4. Treo is a new organic drink made from birch water. This drink is an excellent thirst quencher for your child as it only has 10 calories and 1 gram of sugar! Treo is sweetened by nature, Non-GMO, gluten free, vegan, and kosher. With only 1 gram of sugar, you might be surprised to know that it tastes very sweet. It comes in four delicious and refreshing flavors. I can tell you that a small fight broke out in our house when 3 of my kids all wanted to claim the strawberry drink. Treo would also make a refreshing drink for any parents who are running around all day. The smooth flavors are refreshing and really cooled me down after a long walk around the lake. You can find Treo on Amazon here.
5.Bitsbox– Coding for Kids is the gift that keeps on giving. Two of my kids love coding and they had asked me a few months ago to buy them this box. Subscription boxes for kids are one of the best things you can buy. Kids LOVE to get mail. My daughter gets the mail each day and she hopefully looks at everything, wishing something would be addressed to her. This box is even better than most subscription boxes because it is filled with learning tools. Kids ages 6-14 are encouraged to code with the materials included in the box. Mom and Dad will also probably learn something new as well. Bitsbox appeals to both girls and boys and you do not need any coding experience to use it. The box includes instructions describing how the kids can make their own apps that they can even play on a computer, phone, or tablet. You can subscribe here and use the coupon BACK2SCHOOL for 20% off your first subscription.
6. Stembox is the monthly subscription box full of STEM project based learning. This kit is aimed at kids 8-13. Stembox is meant to appeal to girls or boys because science projects are for everyone. This kit was started by a female scientist who wanted to make challenging science kits more accessible to girls. The STEM topics that are included in the boxes are electrical engineering, computer programming, chemistry, math, spatial awareness, biology and much more. My kids can’t wait to try their first box! If you are interested you can subscribe.
7. Klee Kids is an all natural hair care system that is safe for your kids and yourself. We recently tried the shampoo, conditioner, and detangler on my daughter’s crazy hair and it tamed it very well. These hair products have very safe ingredients and they smell incredibly good. The magical detangler is made from coconut oil and marshmallow extract. Klee also has makeup, nail polish and face paint that is safe for girls to use. These products will give you peace of mind when you use them on your precious children. Start off the school year with safer products, many of them can be found on Amazon here.
8. Real Cooking Deluxe Princess Cake set is so much fun! My daughter made this cake and a pink cake all by herself in under an hour. The kit comes with everything your mini baker will need except eggs and milk. The directions are easy enough for a child to follow themselves. All I had to help with was putting the cake into the oven and taking it out. This would be a fun project to do before school starts or to celebrate surviving the first week of school. Making the fondant was my daughter’s favorite part!
9. Ultra Dash by PlayMonster is the perfect Back to School survival game. Why will this game help you survive? It will wear your kids out after school so you can get dinner on the table. This game is full of exercise and fun. Every time you play you can design a different course. Flashing lights, kids running around, and tired kids at bedtime, you will be winning parenting if you buy this game. Watch your kids move quickly when they see their color light up.
10. True Citrus brand has evolved into a really awesome diverse set of drinks and seasonings. Many years ago my family loved to drink the True Lemon flavor. These individual packets are added to water to make your glass taste a little more interesting. These packets are flavored with stevia and real fruit flavors are added as well. There are 10 drink flavors and each packet is only 10 calories per drink. You can tuck a few packets into your kid’s lunch box or your purse. My daughter loves the peach lemonade. These are great healthy alternatives to drinks like kool-aid or crystal light. True citrus also has some new salt free citrus based spice blends. We tried these spices on some grilled fish and they were amazing. Check out the True Citrus line on Amazon here.