Cauliflower is an ingredient that most people love or hate. I love it. It is so versatile and also so good for you. Did you know that one serving of cauliflower has 75% of your daily Vitamin C? Cauliflower is very low calorie, and full of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Cauliflower is a part of the cruciferous family, along with broccoli, arugula, radishes and many more vegetables. In this recipe I used the Riced Cauliflower that I found at Trader Joes. If you cannot find fresh riced cauliflower you can check the frozen section as well (Trader Joe’s has frozen riced cauliflower too!). Don’t worry though, if you can only find a fresh cauliflower it is easy to turn it into pizza. Simply cut all your cauliflower florets off the head and chop it finely, or put the florets into your food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
This recipe is perfect for Meatless Monday. The crust is really easy to put together and you should bake the crusts in advance. Baking the crusts the day before is a great way to save time during the dinner rush. Top your pizza with all your favorite toppings. We love mushrooms on our cauliflower pizza, but it also tastes great with peppers and onions.
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- italian seasoning
- vegetables of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray your pizza pans and have them ready for the oven.
- Rice your cauliflower if you do not have a bag of riced cauliflower ready to go.
- Put cauliflower rice into a large bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella, flour, eggs, salt and garlic.
- Mix into a ball and divide and press onto two 8" pizza pans.
- Bake crust for 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Top the crusts with sauce, cheese and any toppings of your choice.
- Bake pizza with toppings for 4-6 more minutes, until the cheese has melted and the vegetables are cooked.
- You might even want to broil the top of the pizza to melt the cheese quickly.
If you are more of a visual learner, please check out our video of this healthy cauliflower pizza:
What is your favorite meal for Meatless Monday?