Udon Noodle Stir Fry
Do you love noodles as much as we do? The fortune noodle company has created a healthy pre-cooked noodle that can help you create a delicious dinner in no time. These noodles are made with 4 simple ingredients (water, wheat flour, flaxseeds, and salt) and are ready to heat up. You can turn them into a simple soup or create an udon noodle stir-fry. No matter which dish you choose to make, simply add some vegetables that you have in your refrigerator and your dinner is ready to go.
There are three flavor packets available: chicken, mushroom, or original. The mushroom flavor is vegan and that is the one we used for this recipe. You can heat up the udon noodles on the stovetop, in the microwave, or in a soup or stir fry. You can even freeze the noodle packets for up to 3 months and then heat them up in boiling water when you are ready to cook them.
This recipe is so easy that my daughter can make it by herself. Cook the noodles for 2 minutes in some boiling water. Saute your vegetables in another pan. Create a simple sauce and combine everything together! Dinner can be on the table in 15 minutes or less. Udon noodle stir fry is a healthy, vegan option for lunch or dinner. I hope you enjoy this healthy udon noodle stir fry dinner.
- 2 packages of Fortune Udon noodles
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks scallions, sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 nob ginger, minced
- 1 broccoli head, diced
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 T. oil
- Sauce ingredients:
- 2 seasoning packets from inside the Fortune Udon noodles
- 2 T mirin
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1 t. brown sugar
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- finishing salt (optional)
- Cook the udon noodles.
- Heat up a pot of boiling water and cook the udon noodles for 2 minutes.
- Use tongs to gently separate the noodles.
- Immediately rinse in a colander with cold water.
- Set noodles aside.
- Saute the vegetables in 1T of oil.
- Use whatever vegetables you have in your house. You do not need special vegetables.
- Add in some garlic and ginger and saute until the vegetables are cooked.
- In a large saute pan combine all your sauce ingredients.
- Heat at medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the noodles and the vegetables and saute it all together for a few minutes.
- Top with some scallions and finishing salt and enjoy!
We buy these noodles in the produce department at our local Safeway and you can also find them at many other grocery stores. Join the Fortune Noodle Club here and you will receive a coupon for a free package of Udon Noodles so you can try this recipe yourself. You should visit the JSL Foods company on their website, and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
I created this recipe as an entry in the JSL Foods Fortune Noodle Blogger Recipe Challenge. I received a few packages of noodles in order to create these recipes. All thoughts, opinions, and recipe ideas are my own.